Producer - Mornings With Maria
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Anchor Maria Bartiromo and her team are committed to covering the most important business and political news stories of the day. From Silicon Valley to Wall Street to the White House and even across the pond, Maria, alongside a rotating panel of experts, talk to viewers about issues that matter. We are looking for a talented senior producer to join the team and help manage the smartest conversation in the morning!
You will be assigned the following shift: Mondays-Fridays 3:00AM EST - 1:00PM EST
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• A proven leader, especially in the control room
• Provide solid news judgement, especially during breaking news, including financial news, such as market volatility, release of earnings, plunging stock value
• Line produce at least one hour each day
• Assist in overseeing and rewriting copy, graphics and the cutting of vo/sots, packages
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Degree in Journalism or related field preferred
• At least 5 years of proven newsroom experience, including management of control room and line/segment producers, for television newscast
• Knowledge and passion for current events, particularly financial and political news
• Exceptional editorial skills
• Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, detail oriented and meet deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.