Producer - Fox Business Network
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented Producer to join Fox Business Network at its Headquarters in New York City. As the Producer you will work on a new high profile weekly show hosted by former Wall Street Journal Editor-In-Chief Gerard Baker. As the Producer you will work closely with the show's host and management on all aspects of the program, including editorial direction, bookings and production. You will oversee a production team to deliver a high quality product each week.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a small staff that puts on this program and another weekly program each week which totals one hour of television per week
• Line produce – this includes stacking a show, assigning stories, timing a show, writing and copy editing, and supervising the final edit of the shows before being sent to master control for air
• Work closely with show talent and management to ensure topical and relevant shows are delivered each week
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience preferred
• Natural ability to write effectively and creatively
• 6 years of professional experience in a live television environment
• 3 years of professional experience in a live control room lining a show
• Thorough knowledge of business news and general news
• Strong writing and copy editing skills a must
• Strong editorial judgment
• Strong research and reporting skills
• Ability to work under intense deadline pressure in the control room
• Ability to communicate effectively with talent and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.