Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Copy Editor, Mornings With Maria
We are looking for a talented Copy Editor to join the smartest conversation in the morning. As a Copy Editor, you will work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment on Mornings with Maria on the Fox Business Network. The show covers the most important business and political news stories of the day. It is live three hours a day (6:00AM-9:00AM), five day a week (Monday-Friday). You are responsible for proofreading all copy, including banners, to ensure that text is correct and ready for air. This means looking for errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling. It also needs to be factually correct. In addition, copy needs to be in the voice of the talent, Maria Bartiromo, as well as in accordance to Fox Business Network's style guide. If it is not, the copy editor needs to change it.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Making sure that scripts are readable, accurate and ready for air
• Fixing any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors
• Double checking that names, places and organizations are spelled properly and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate
• Producing segments and stories with the best elements available
• Looking out for potential legal problems and discuss them with the producers
• Pitching unique and interesting stories that our viewers will relate to
• Proof-reading and editing lower thirds
• Knowing the facts – all of them!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5 years of experience in a copy editor role in the media industry
• Strong writing, grammar, spelling and editing skills
• Solid news and editorial judgment
• Ability to immediately transition into the role with little supervision
• The ability to work well in a fast-paced and intense environment
• Ability to work early hours
• Knowledge of INEWS and VIZ preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.