Booker - Fox Business Network
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented Booker to join Fox Business Network at its headquarters in New York City. As the Booker you will work on a new high profile weekly show hosted by former Wall Street Journal Editor-In-Chief Gerard Baker. You will work closely with the show's Producer on all aspects of the program, including editorial direction, bookings and production.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify top tier guests, cultivate relationships and confirm bookings for the show
• Work on production elements on the show
• Pitch stories daily
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on wide range of topics
• Work closely with show's producer, talent and management to ensure topical and relevant shows and guests are delivered each week
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• Natural ability to write effectively and creatively
• 3 years of professional experience in a live television environment
• Thorough knowledge of business news and general news
• Strong booking background
• Strong editorial judgment
• Strong research and reporting skills
• Ability to work under intense deadline pressure in the control room
• Ability to communicate effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.