Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Part Time Job
KDVR/KWGN Fox 31 / CW2 Television has an immediate opening for a Part-time Editor.
Work with producers and graphic designers to visually enhance information in the newscast. Must make effective use of full screen graphics, lower thirds, boxes, and more.
• Strongly prefer applicants with a bachelor’s degree in communication, broadcast journalism, film/television, related field or equivalent
• Prefer applicants that have worked in a broadcasting environment similar to KDVR/KWGN's
• Minimum of one year previous professional experience as an editor using standard broadcast non-linear editing equipment, preferably Final Cut Pro
• Demonstrated ability to consistently use good judgment and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to organize news footage into coherent, well-paced news packages
• Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person with co-workers and viewers while working under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Proven record of dependability, ability to consistently meet deadlines, and ability to work a variety of schedules to meet company needs
• Ability to work in a limited work space with reasonable accommodation
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.