Executive Assistant, TV Business Affairs
Fox 21 Television StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant – Business & Legal Affairs
Fox 21 Television Studios – Los Angeles
The ideal candidate will be one of the following: (1) an entertainment assistant with agency/management/, studio or network experience or (2) a recent law school graduate (or business school graduate) who's willing to take an entry-level position to get a foot in the door at a great company. The candidate is expected to work hand-in-hand with a business affairs executive who operates a high volume desk and to ensure efficient completion of multiple tasks, in addition to assisting others in the department.
are both administrative and substantive (i.e., drafting deal terms, revising documents, taking notes on negotiation phone calls, etc.). This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who wishes to move up, as many past assistants have advanced to other positions at Fox or elsewhere in the entertainment industry. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Works closely with Production, Business Affairs and Legal Affairs to ensure departmental executives are meeting various deadlines and completing tasks as necessitated by various overlapping television production schedules.
• Maintains and administers filing system and information relating to the status of agreements, including keeping status charts and coordinating the information with other internal departments and external stakeholders.
• Answers calls, sends emails/faxes, and assists in distribution of agreements/documentation to executives on a regular basis.
• Schedules meetings and conference calls, creates meeting agendas and circulates meeting materials, manages expense reports, and arranges mail, messenger and UPS/FedEx packages.
• Under supervision and direction of executives, drafts contracts based on closed deal terms.
• Drafts routine letters and other correspondence, and reviews and edits prepared documents for formatting and accuracy.
• Deliver agreements for execution by parties and assist in monitoring dates of legal significance (e.g., options and expirations)
• Update contract binders and distributing to various executives.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
• Proven ability to manage multiple, frequently changing priorities and office tasks in a calm and systematic manner.
• Strong organization, sound judgment, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task/prioritize.
• Ability to demonstrate common sense, practicality and good judgment with proven ability to take the initiative in keeping the office organized and efficient.
• Have a team player attitude, extremely pleasant professional presentation, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Personable/calm demeanor in a high-volume environment
• Being tech-savvy in general and 1 year of entertainment experience are a huge plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox21 Television Studios
Fox21 produces television programs for major U.S. cable networks and SVOD services including American Crime Story, The Americans, and Feud! for FX; Dice and Homeland for Showtime; Queen of the South for USA; Chance for Hulu; Seven Seconds for Netflix; and Genius for National Geographic Channel.