VP, Business and Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
Title: Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs
Location: Industry City - Brooklyn, NY
FilmRise is looking to hire an experienced VP of Business and Legal Affairs. The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years of experience working as legal counsel within the film or television industry. The attorney in this role will report directly to the CFO and will interact and collaborate with various departments as well as upper level management on a regular basis. Strong communication skills and initiative a must. Experience with drafting licensing agreements, intellectual property analysis and contract negotiation is required.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Review/ advise on/ negotiate/ draft:
o Acquisition agreements with producers, distributors, and sales agents for distribution of single films, television series, film and TV libraries
o Sale/License of films/programs to pay television (HBO, Showtime), digital platforms (Netflix, Amazon, iTunes), and all other subdistributors and media retailers
o Co-production/Pre-sale agreements with producers and television organizations
o Consultant agreements
o Third-party vendor agreements
• Oversee work of contract and rights administrator and delivery coordinator regarding rights administration, rights management database, review of chain of title and other legal/business deliverables, union/guild residual obligations, dispute resolution, etc.
• Liaise with other company divisions (e.g., Finance, Distribution, Operations, Sales) on rights- and contract related matters
• Liaise with outside counsel regarding
o Complex intellectual property issues
o Real estate and other corporate matters
• Consult and interact with senior management on the development of the company's distribution strategy
• J.D. with at least five years of experience in the entertainment industry
• Prior experience working for a media law firm or in-house for a distribution, television, or digital platform organization a plus
• Familiarity with rights management software a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online