Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 11/28/2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a professional to join our Administration/Operations Department.
The Fund is a dynamic 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization providing support to film musicians and the entertainment community worldwide by ensuring the collection, processing, and distribution of residuals generated by their talent and services.
This position provides a wide variety of skilled administrative and general office support for Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Manager, Operations & Research. S/he will work primarily with Manager, Operations & Research and Deputy Executive Director. Responsibilities involve exposure to sensitive information and require considerable maturity and use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Draft Correspondence for Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Manager, Operations & Research as needed and review, proofread and edit correspondence prepared by senior executives;
• Primary support to Manager, Operations & Research and Deputy Executive Director on special projects, including current multi-year Business Process/IT Data System Upgrade project, to ensure project management schedule remains on target and schedule of deliverables is met;
• Attend meetings of the Fund's Oversight Committee with Executive Director to take, transcribe and distribute minutes; prepare Oversight Committee meeting packets;
• Maintain and organize databases; research/analyze data, and develop reports for management decision-making; may follow up on projects assigned to managers by senior executives;
• Administrative duties relating to Fund Operations include, but are not limited to, working with the various Departments. Assist Managers with workload overflow. For example:
o Beneficiary Administration: Coordination of meetings, assist with file maintenance and data entry;
o Accounting: Assist with financial audit documentation preparation and Verifications of Income;
o Participant Services and New Films/Allocations: Assist with data entry and participant inquiries during seasonal heavy traffic periods;
o Back-up in absence of Office Coordinator to handle the daily general office mail (pick-up, take out and sort);
o Other special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree highly preferred.
• 4 years related work experience with experience in writing, proofreading and editing preferred.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and Word, Google Docs, Smart Sheet and other file sharing technologies.
• Strong written and oral language skills, with ability to accurately record and synthesize concepts into clear written documentation.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented and a self-starter. Prior successful experience supporting special projects and/or project managers highly preferred.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Must have strong ethos of integrity and honesty.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to work with and schedule for deadlines, and learn concepts quickly.
• Ability to accurately analyze, assess, and evaluate researched data.
• Ability to work with and professionally communicate across all levels of staff in a collaborative manner.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• A positive attitude.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
$46,000; excellent benefits
Additional Instructions: Please type ''EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - (your name)'' in the subject line.
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online