Director of Operations
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 1/24/2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV
Annual Salary: $140,000-$155,000 DOE; excellent benefits
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a Director/Senior Director of Operations to join our Administration/Operations Department.
The Fund is a 501(c)(6) Non-Profit organization based in Encino, CA governed by entertainment industry-wide agreements negotiated between the American Federation of Musicians union and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. Its mission is to collect, process and distribute residual payments to musicians, annually, resulting from their work in film, television and digital media. The organization averages a staff of 40 employees and handles approximately $100M in residual distributions each fiscal year.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role reports to the Executive Director, partners closely with both the Deputy Executive Director and Operations Manager, and includes working with 3rd party vendors and IT, Accounting, Compliance and Operations staff across all levels of the organization.
• Build strong relationships internally and externally to become an integral part of the senior leadership team.
• Become quickly knowledgeable of operational processes, business rules, constituencies, participants, and operating environment.
• Provide strategic oversight and identify opportunities to refine processes, increase efficiency and reduce expenses across the following operational areas:
o Participant/Musician relations inclusive of participant assistance and inquiries, resolution of unclaimed residuals, and beneficiary and divorce accommodations.
o Contributor/Producer relations inclusive of contract collection and validation, and the allocation of incoming residuals to participants.
o The annual Participant regular and omissions distribution activities across multiple departments and 3rd party vendors ensuring an accurate and on time delivery.
o Overall facilities and office management.
• Lead large scale operational projects to successful completion - on time, on budget, on scope - with high adoption organization-wide. The first of these projects is a critical phased multi-year, multi-vendor, operations and accounting systems implementation project to replace an outdated legacy platform with the following responsibilities:
o Coordinate both internal and external resources to align on future state business processes, system configurations, custom requirements documentation, and integration specifications.
o Provide strategic insight and direction related to risk identification, cost/benefit analysis, and alternative solutions that will support the business in the longer term.
o Oversee the creation and ongoing sustainability of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and User Training/Adoption.
o Provide expertise in the design of reports, interfaces, and data integrity measures to support business policies and procedures. Champion Change Management initiatives.
• 15 years meaningful business experience among Operations, Finance, Planning, and/or Project Management roles with no less than Director-level title at present.
• Prior business software implementation experience including vendor selection through Go-Live.
• Prior project management experience on large-scale, long-term projects.
• Expert MS Office with prior experience working in various types of business software (ERP, CRM, BI, Smartsheet/MS Project, etc.).
• Prior business process development and process documentation experience (SOPs).
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operational metrics (KPIs).
• Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated cross-functional and/or cross-departmental experience. Extensive experience building and leading teams inclusive of direct reports, peers and supervisors.
• Proven experience in managing and delivering complex IT projects as a project leader (ERP, CRM, etc).
• Computer savvy critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability and flexibility to manage multiple project schedules across multiple teams.
• Well-developed organizational, planning, and collaborative skills.
• Understands the big picture yet has acute attention to details and follow-through.
• Strong writing, listening, and interpersonal skills.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please.
Additional Instructions: Please type 'DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS- (your name); in the subject line.
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online