Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 6/14/2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Beneficiary Administration
Reports to: Manager, Beneficiary Administration
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV
Annual Salary: $46,000-$48,000 DOE; excellent benefits
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a professional to join our Beneficiary Administration Department.
The Fund is a dynamic 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization providing support to film musicians and the entertainment community worldwide by ensuring the collection, processing, and distribution of residuals generated by their talent and services.
The Beneficiary Coordinator works under the supervision of the Manager, Beneficiary Administration and is responsible for assisting with all matters relating to deceased participant musicians and their beneficiaries. The Beneficiary Coordinator is responsible for communicating with representatives of a decedent's estate to collect the information and documentation necessary to confirm participant beneficiary(ies) whom may be entitled to residual payments.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Manager, Beneficiary Administration in processing the work of the Fund's beneficiary department as directed.
• Collect, verify, and analyze correspondence and legal documents such as Death Certificates, Affidavits, Trusts, Wills, Probate documents, and Powers of Attorney required for establishing participant beneficiary(ies) pursuant to Fund policies.
• Communicate with third parties (e.g., family members, attorneys, executors, trustees, agents and managers) for purposes of researching and confirming participant beneficiary(ies).
• Review incoming Beneficiary Designation Forms for accurate completion, update beneficiary records in Fund's database and electronic files.
• Conduct research through the use of services such as LifeStatus360, LexisNexis and others to locate and confirm participant beneficiary(ies).
• Collaborate with Participant Services, Operations, Accounting, and Applications & Software Development Departments to facilitate identification of beneficiaries and appropriate distribution of residual payments.
• Assist Manager, Beneficiary Administration with gathering data for preparation of quarterly reports and presentations to Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
• Receive and respond to incoming inquiries regarding beneficiary matters.
• Maintain deceased musician and beneficiary files.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certification with at least 2 years of legal experience preferred, but not required
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service ethos
• Proficient in MS Excel and Word
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Must be well organized and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• Must have integrity, honesty and an ethical mentality
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work with deadlines, and learn concepts quickly
• Ability to analyze and interpret legal documents
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Participant musicians, Participant beneficiaries, and their respective representatives
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
• Ability to follow systems and procedures, and respond to management direction
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
15910 Ventura Blvd., 9th Floor
Encino, CA 91436
$46,000-$48,000 DOE; excellent benefits
Additional Instructions: Please type ''BENEFICIARY COORDINATOR - (your name)'' in the subject line.
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online