Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 7/10/2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Contract Compliance
Reports to: Manager, Contract Compliance
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV
Annual Salary: $46,000-$47,000 DOE; excellent benefits
RESIDUAL AUDIT ANALYST, CONTRACT COMPLIANCE
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a professional to join our Contract Compliance Department.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced residual/royalty audit professional. The Fund is a dynamic 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization providing support to film musicians and the entertainment community worldwide by ensuring the collection, processing, and distribution of residuals generated by their talent and services.
The Audit Analyst will work closely with the current auditing staff and management in all aspects of daily auditing operations, including but not limited to: analyzing and compiling historical sales and residual/royalty data, payment reconciliations, reviewing contracts for relevant terms.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain familiarity with all applicable Contracts and Agreements.
• Generate Compliance audit ''Engagement Letters'' for department management approval.
• Perform research using various internal and external sources of information and data.
• Research and prepare the audit test title universe and revenue/residual analysis spreadsheets.
• Maintain Compliance audit, bankruptcy, litigation files and spreadsheets, on a current basis, to track progress of each and resulting disposition.
• Prepare the Universe of Titles and list of obligated titles for bankruptcies and litigation.
• Interface with independent auditors at the direction of department management.
• Review draft agreed-upon procedures report(s) in substantive detail to discuss with department management.
• Generate final audit report ''Packages'' for submission to Auditees.
• Assist department management with auditor/lawyer requests.
• Assist department management with special projects and ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 4 years related work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning, audit procedures and principles.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, as it relates to film and television residuals preferred.
• Advanced MS Excel skills; high level of comfort working with large amounts of data; proficient in MS Word.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Must have integrity, honesty and ethical mentality.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work with deadlines, and learn concepts quickly
• Ability to accurately analyze, assess, and evaluate researched data
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
• Strong problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• A positive attitude
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
15910 Ventura Blvd., 9th Floor
Encino, CA 91436
$46,000-$47,000 DOE; excellent benefits
Additional Instructions: Please type ''AUDIT ANALYST-(your name)'' in the subject line. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online