Production Accounting Coordinator
Film 45 LLCSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Full-time Accounting Coordinator needed at a film & commercial production company on the Westside.
We currently have 15+ projects in the works (docu-series / unscripted / commercials) and are looking for the right person to join our growing financial team!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison closely with Production Managers, Line Producers, Post Supervisors, Controller and payroll company.
- Code and enter vendor invoices for multiple production companies.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of wire requests, expense reports and invoices.
- Collect and review weekly payroll start forms / timecards for various projects. Work closely with payroll company to ensure accurate and timely paychecks. Knowledge of labor laws, payroll procedures and union vs non-union rules is helpful.
- Review and process monthly credit card transactions, code and record to the General Ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts, petty cash accounts, credit card statements and intercompany loan accounts.
- Scan all incoming paperwork - invoices, payroll submissions, checks, etc to our online paperless system.
- Take ownership of each project assigned to you, be excited to learn and have a positive attitude.
- Review & analyze Cost Reports by project for comparison to budget & contribute to weekly meetings with management of each production.
- Prepare monthly financials for multiple shows / content across several companies.
- Assist the Controller with numerous ad hoc projects.
Candidate MUST :
* Be a self-starter, with a confident and professional attitude.
* Possess strong organizational and time management skills; Be calm under pressure, reliable.
* Multi-task, prioritize areas of focus and meet deadlines.
* Be extremely proficient in Excel.
* Have acute analytical skills with the ability to resolve issues and create solutions.
Accounting degree or strong previous accounting experience required. Knowledge of Quickbooks Online, SAP, Media Web, Global Vista or other production accounting software is extremely helpful. Previous production accounting experience in either unscripted or commericals is a bonus.
Looking for full-time, 40 hours a week with minimal overtime.
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K, generous holiday schedule and PTO. Compensation commensurate with knowledge / experience. $23-25/hr range, non-exempt.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online