Vice President of Programming
Fathom EventsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Located in New York, NY, the Vice President of Programming is a key Fathom Events team member responsible for developing strategy and acquiring content for theatrical distribution by Fathom Events. This position is accountable for cultivating new and existing relationships with distributors, producers, and content providers of all types, and is directly accountable for multi-million dollar revenue contributions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identify new business opportunities in content verticals including, but not limited to, the arts, publishing, cable, broadcast, network, OTT, music, sports, comedy, and Broadway for event cinema release
• Reinforce existing, critical relationships with content providers
• Discover and foster business opportunities for monetizing content in both domestic and international marketplaces
• Lead programming and content negotiations through customized project deal structures that have positive economic impacts on Fathom's revenues, expenses, strategic financial objectives and profitability
• Establish and achieve approved revenue objectives
• Collaborate with Business Affairs to negotiate long-term agreements
• Assist in annual Programming budget creation
• Work efficiently and effectively with internal Operations, Marketing and Finance personnel
• Formulate and execute strategies for content offerings from acquisition and scheduling to footprint and ticket price
• Bring passion and energy to creating new content experiences for audiences
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic thinking and communication skills
• Solid internal and external relationship skills
• Empathize and serve key audiences
• Budget and P&L management
• Ability to prioritize daily and long-term projects and responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
• A minimum of 10 years professional experience in entertainment, television or cinema-related businesses with a keen understanding of licensing terms, rights and guilds
• Proven track record of identifying and developing new business opportunities and bringing such opportunities to negotiated conclusion and successful execution
• Expertise in leading negotiations of multi-million dollar agreements with major cable networks, broadcasters and content providers
This position will operate in either a professional office or home-based office environment.
This position requires periodic travel to the Fathom Events corporate office in Greenwood Village, CO, and well as other travel as business necessitates.
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is the recognized world leader in the event cinema industry, offering a variety of one-of-a-kind entertainment events in movie theaters across the country. We provide entertainment for fans of all interests including music, world-class performing arts, sporting events, comedy, original programming featuring thought leaders in radio and television, and more. Fathom Events also offers one of the most exciting opportunities for brands seeking a one-of-a-kind marketing and promotional channel. With over 17,000 promotional screens and premium marketing assets both on-screen in front of every movie and in theater lobbies nationwide, Fathom's promotional reach often exceeds that of the top major television networks. For more information about Fathom Events, visit our website.
ACJV, LLC/Fathom Events is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online