Director of Programming and Emerging Content
Fathom EventsGreenwood Village, CO
Full Time Job
The Director of Programming and Emerging Content is a key Fathom Events team member responsible for targeting, developing and acquiring emerging content for theatrical distribution by Fathom Events. While this position is accountable for any combination of existing content verticals, it will primarily be focused on cultivating new programming initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identify new business opportunities in emerging verticals for event cinema experiences
• Research, source and develop content in new and existing verticals including, but not limited to, the arts, inspiration, faith, anime, conscious media, influencers, publishing, cable, broadcast, network, OTT, music, sports, e-sports, comedy, and Broadway for event-cinema release
• Collaborate with the Vice President of Programming to define and implement programming/content vertical strategies
• Successfully manage new content partners
• Lead programming/content negotiations through customized project deal structures that have positive economic impacts on Fathom's revenues, expenses, strategic financial objectives and profitability
• Assist in annual Programming budget creation and achieve approved revenue objectives
• Collaborate with internal Operations, Marketing, Finance and Business Affairs teams to ensure effective cross-team communication and client support for all programming initiatives and updates, as well as the execution and management of successful event distribution in theatres
• Bring passion and energy to creating new content experiences for audiences
• Entrepreneurial and action-oriented
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic thinking and communication skills
• Solid internal and external relationship skills
• Empathize and serve key audiences
• Budget and P&L management
• Work well independently as well as contribute as a team member
• Ability to prioritize daily and long-term projects and responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
• A minimum of 5 years related experience and proven track record of identifying and developing new business opportunities and bringing such opportunities to negotiated conclusion and successful execution
• Professional experience in entertainment, television or cinema-related businesses with a keen understanding of licensing terms, rights and guilds
• Expertise in leading negotiations with content providers
Ability to travel as needed for client meetings and oversight of program execution
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is the recognized world leader in the event cinema industry, offering a variety of one-of-a-kind entertainment events in movie theaters across the country. We provide entertainment for fans of all interests including music, world-class performing arts, sporting events, comedy, original programming featuring thought leaders in radio and television, and more. Fathom Events also offers one of the most exciting opportunities for brands seeking a one-of-a-kind marketing and promotional channel. With over 17,000 promotional screens and premium marketing assets both on-screen in front of every movie and in theater lobbies nationwide, Fathom's promotional reach often exceeds that of the top major television networks. For more information about Fathom Events, visit our website.
ACJV, LLC/Fathom Events is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online