VP, Talent Acquisition
Full Time Job
Promoting a culture of excellence, we recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect a commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility in building a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us.
The VP Talent Acquisition for ESPN provides leadership, strategic and cross-functional direction to support all businesses within ESPN to bring in top industry talent. The position is based in Bristol, CT and reports to the ESPN Senior Vice President, Human Resources. The VP, Talent Acquisition, will manage a team of recruitment professionals supporting the ongoing talent needs of a workforce of 7,000 employees. This individual will serve as a thought leader on attracting and retaining best-in-class talent across the ESPN businesses and will play a key role in helping to drive enterprise advancement and collaboration across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) recruitment function and community. A key component of this position is to drive industry knowledge through the recruitment and HR organization to build alignment to the business.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and collaborative leader who will both execute our current talent acquisition initiatives aggressively while also effectively using creativity and resourcefulness to develop new approaches to drive ESPN's need to increase our ability to attract and secure top industry talent.
• Serve as a key member of ESPN senior HR leadership team and be an influential member concerning Human Resources and Talent Acquisition decisions
• Represent ESPN on the TWDC Recruitment leadership team providing strategic direction and executing enterprise-wide initiatives, including strategic and tactical direction, enterprise objectives and development of companywide plans
• Ensure ESPN is represented in the development and delivery of shared services across the TWDC providing KPI and monitoring outcomes
• Provide feedback and input concerning enterprise Talent Acquisition initiatives and policies in the areas of relocation, compensation design and talent pipeline strategies, etc.
• Lead the respective recruitment teams and key stakeholders in implementing innovative, competitive, cost-effective strategies for recruiting and selecting diverse, high-quality talent
• Develop and oversee ESPN's diversity recruiting initiatives and partner with internal teams to assess effectiveness
• Ensure interviewing and employment processes comply with local, state, and Federal legislation including EEOC/OFCCP requirements
• Build effective relationships with business leaders to ensure alignment of the recruitment process with business needs
• Work closely with key colleagues in HR and partner with leaders across business segments to attract great talent and committed professionals
• Develop strategies and processes to ensure candidates have a positive experience throughout the recruiting and on-boarding process
• Assess tracking tools and systems ensuring effective collection, integration, and sharing of information to support the recruitment needs of all segments
• Consult regularly with senior executives to thoroughly understand talent needs to successfully deliver against the organization's vision, long term strategy and annual goals taking into account acquisitions, divestitures and organic growth
• Partner with key groups (e.g., Compensation, Communications, HRIS, etc.) to enable the advancement of enterprise optimization and to align on commitments for all stakeholders involved
• Ensure recruitment and sourcing capabilities are designed, built and deployed to meet evolving cross-segment talent needs
• Engage and inspire the broader talent acquisition team by providing leadership and direction to continue to advance the function
• Responsible for plans and priorities for related budgets and manage on-going priorities to maximize investments while consistently working towards cost efficiencies
• Provide guidance and strategic direction on T/A matters to locations outside the United States
• Identify and optimize technology solutions to improve department performance
• 12 years' experience; 8 years' management experience
• Deep industry knowledge/experience recruiting creative talent
• Experience leading talent acquisition teams and across multiple functional areas
• Proven record managing senior level relationships and ability to collaborate and build favorable outcomes with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines
• Ability to develop and implement successful recruitment and selection strategies in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Superior organizational and process management skills with the ability to manage multiple detailed projects
• Experience developing networks of candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds
• Proven ability implementing change within an organization, ensuring understanding, participation, and ownership
• Advanced leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop
• Knowledge of, and experience with, technology tools to support the recruitment function and experience managing a recruiting budget
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to listen, translate business priorities into actionable TA solutions and approaches
• Strong ability to use data & metrics to assess recruiting effectiveness
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience in an OFCCP recruiting / employment environment
• Experience managing a team towards ambitious results in a complex environment
• Highly advanced ability to investigate, analyze and solve complex problems/issues
• Advanced persuasion skills when working with internal partners and external providers to resolve issues/problems.
• Exceptional ability to foster a teamwork and client service focused environment
• BS/BA Required (degree in HR or other business related field a plus)
• MBA / Advanced degree a plus
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.