VP, Programming & Acquisitions Combat Sports
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Programming & Acquisitions is responsible for establishing strategy and the day-to-day management of the combat sports category (Boxing, MMA, UFC, etc.) from a Programming perspective working across the full portfolio of ESPN's business divisions and departments to optimize the investment in the category.
This individual will be the day-to-day focal point on all business activities related to the assigned programming category maximizing its ratings and revenue and is a resource for the rest of the company to draw upon for strategy, direction and new business initiatives related to ESPN's programming assets.
• Establishes strategy/vision and identifies combat sports properties for acquisition; Negotiates Programming agreements with external rights holders for ESPN's combat sports; Works to maximize these rights across our platforms while creating relationships with the business leads in the sport.
• Initiates/recommends initiatives across the portfolio of ESPN businesses to maximize viewership and return on investment for all combat sports properties on ESPN.
• All day-to-day business issues and activities regarding combat sports are to be coordinated through this individual's office.
• Manages the combat sports Programming budget and P&L.
• Is the central point of contact for ESPN with the combat sports rights holders.
• Establishes oneself as an expert on combat sports and is knowledgeable about all initiatives related to each property throughout all divisions and departments of the company and in the competitive marketplace.
• Manages the preparation of all necessary acquisitions' documentation including profit/loss analysis, approved agreement factsheets, and contractual agreements in conjunction with legal services.
• Interfaces regularly with following areas and departments of the company:
• Program Planning regarding program or event scheduling.
• Format Analysis regarding commercial formatting.
• Advertising Sales regarding commercial opportunities and obligations.
• Affiliate Marketing regarding affiliate opportunities and relations.
• Consumer Marketing regarding marketing and promotional opportunities and obligations.
• Communications regarding media coverage and publicity.
• Remote and Studio Production regarding production approach and program expense.
• Program Finance regarding profit/loss statements, long -term planning, program profitability, annual financial plan budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
• 10 years of diversified experience in setting strategy/vision, negotiations, television and digital programming, television production, or sports marketing.
• Demonstrated experience building and leading high performing teams
• Demonstrated strong communication, administration and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the combat sports tv and digital landscape, including Direct-to-Consumer
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with top executives and ability to build strong relationships with business leaders across a large enterprise
• Has already-existing strong relationships in the combat sports space.
• Must be comfortable presenting to senior executives
• Strategic thinking - ability to develop action plans consisting of goals and strategies to achieve articulated vision.
• Knowledge of the P&L process, Nielsen research & ratings and other analytic and data-based tools used in business decisions.
College degree in Communications, Sports Management or Business
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.