VP Affiliate Sales & Marketing
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Affiliate Sales position requires an individual that is capable of managing the full scope of the content licensing process – from business development, creating and executing sales strategies, negotiating agreements to contractual compliance – as well as successfully leading and developing a team that typically includes a sales director, account managers and coordinator. The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding thought-leadership and problem-solving skills to create mutually-beneficial outcomes for Disney and ESPN Media Networks and will possess strong acumen in distribution including, linear, VOD, TVE, retransmission consent, VOD, SVOD, direct-to-consumer, and social media platform licensing.
• Plans, directs and manages the Disney and ESPN Media Networks sales, strategic partnership and new product activities for assigned accounts
• Leads negotiations with distributers regarding pricing, content, new technologies and marketing
• Provides end-to-end account management for key accounts; responsible for interact with lead negotiators, and key influencers across a variety of functional areas including programming, new product development, strategic partnerships, marketing, technology, operations and customer care
• Responsible for established revenue goals and subscriber targets for assigned accounts
• Constructs and delivers sales presentations to highest-level executives within assigned accounts
• Is responsible for managing relationships and working with senior-level internal stakeholders across TWDC to help drive network strategy within the account
• Directs a team in the management of their accounts and achievement of defined affiliate revenue targets
• Responsible for the individual performance planning, development and growth of team members
• Minimum of 15 years of affiliate or related sales and/or negotiation experience
• Minimum of 10 years managing a team
• Proven experience in understanding of business, legal and technical components of network/content licensing
• Strong analytical skills and financial acumen, including subscriber/revenue forecasting and modeling
• Travel Required
• Is recognized as an industry subject matter leader with strong competence in distribution, strategy, sales and marketing
• Has an in-depth understanding of the brand and the market positioning and affiliate revenue strategies
• Has an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and of current competitive trends across the industry
• Bachelor's Degree
• MBA or JD Degree Strongly Preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.