UI Designer - ESPN Fantasy
Full Time Job
The ESPN Digital Design Team is seeking their next User Interface Designer to help conceive, define and execute the UI and visual design of ESPN digital products. This individual will collaborate with design leadership and product management in helping design digital products from start to finish, concluding in development of design specifications, deliverables, and implementation guidance to engineering counterparts for product build. ESPN is a collaborative environment between engineering, product management, and design, a culture where ideas can be sparked by any individual but cannot be realized without a collective effort.
• Contribute to the UI design for ESPN digital products through a unified design process.
• Focus on web and native interfaces and interaction patterns across multiple platforms and breakpoints (e.g. web, iOS, Android, etc.).
• Participate in product design brainstorms alongside design and product team partners.
• Help architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement.
• Clearly communicate design decisions and process with clear rationale.
• Solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to ensure quality.
• Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to help drive UI design quality from conception to release.
• Partner with User Experience to utilize research, testing, and analysis of user data to inform design decisions.
• Assists in maintaining the integrity of the ESPN brand identity and its usage.
• 2 years of user interface design experience for digital products.
• Familiarity with design patterns, user experience guidelines and best practices for native and web platform product experiences.
• Ability to produce comprehensive user interface and interaction specification documentation and assets.
• A strong digital portfolio.
• Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Basic understanding of native and web product development process.
• Working knowledge of responsive design and auto-layout.
• A lightweight prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools.
• Deep curiosity around current products, trends, software, platforms and hardware.
• Understanding of the ESPN brand, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in a design or digital media related discipline.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.