Full Time Job
Must have technical knowledge of all operations, facilities, and positions, including but not limited to studios, control rooms, venues, transmission, technical director, lighting director, audio engineer, media operator, editor and graphics operator. Will be required to direct a variety of productions based on operational needs.
• Ensures adherence to and the continuity of production values for all studio-related productions
• Schedules and coordinates the use of studio facilities for live productions; plans, schedules and oversees the direction of major remote productions
• Ensures the effective assignment and utilization of personnel and technical facilities; develops and implements training plans and programs for Directors, Associate Directors and Stage Managers; coaches and mentors Directors
• Responsible for the development and utilization of technical facilities used to produce all studio-related productions
• Accountable for the content quality, budget performance and market share of all studio-related productions
• Plans and coordinates the full scope of Studio Directing activities staff of Directors, Associate Directors, Stage Managers and other professionals / staff accountable for studio-related productions
• Oversees the design of innovative graphics for all studio-related productions
• Directly and through key subordinates, sets and ensures compliance with the highest levels of professionalism in all aspects of the direction of each studio and remote production; oversees and ensures the highest content and broadcast standards for the direction of all studio-related productions
• Creates and adjusts the directing concepts and narratives of the productions of all studio-related productions to reach the largest possible number of viewers and to increase ESPN's (market penetration, ratings and…do we need this?) viewership and financial results
• Sets, communicates and ensures the realization of the creative vision for the direction of all studio-related productions
• Leads the development of concepts, editorial themes and narratives for assigned live studio productions and specialty productions. Oversees and manages the direction of all studio-related productions
• 10 years TV Production experience including directing.
• Full television production knowledge, solid technical knowledge.
• Computer experience with a proficiency on computer applications such Excel, Word, Qcuts, FCP and Powerpoint.
• Ability to assess and evaluate job performance, leadership skills, directing skills and experience, forward thinking.
• High School Diploma
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.