Stage Manager I
Full Time Job
Primary responsibility is to be the eyes and ears for the director in the studio and on remotes, relaying specific direction to talent and technical crew. Ensures that the sets are in place and working, that the equipment works and that there are people to run it.
• Oversees an assigned studio; ensures that the assigned Director has all materials and equipment needed to direct each assigned show; ensures that sets are in place and working; ensures that needed production positions are staffed and that approved schedules are met
• Participates in pre-production activities such as cuing pre-tape segments or installing a camera cards
• Coordinates with and ensures the availability of assigned talent / guests / commentators
• Assists the assigned Director with studio floor management activities; controls the live or live-to-tape aspects of assigned productions
• Identifies and reports problems with sets or production staff members to the appropriate organization unit; follows-up to ensure the resolution of identified studio operations problems
• Operates under close and frequent supervision within the context of precisely defined directing standard operating procedures Conducts routine assignments with little anticipation of outcomes or problems
• Work is checked regularly for accuracy and completeness
• Ensures compliance of assigned tasks with established Studio Operations standards operating procedures
• May make minor adjustments to sets and equipment
• Minimum of 1 year
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.