Sr. Coordinator, Fan Relations
Part Time Job
The Senior Coordinator of Fan Relations and Listings ensures fans receive accurate, thorough and timely answers to their inquiries. The position will also proactively share news and information with fans, sharing schedules as well as stories that enhance their knowledge and perception of ESPN as well as monitor and measure social media reaction to issues. This position will oversee the @espnfancentral twitter feed, coordinate with publicists on responses to issues, and respond to emails, calls and letters that come to executives and PR team.
This position will also focus on certain elements of the linear tv listings, archives and MediaZone functions.
• Assist in all aspects of fan relations
• Work closely with Customer Operations and Fan Support
• Work with publicists to create messaging for fan issues.
• Keep publicists updated on fan reaction.
• Receives, assesses and researches required responses to viewer correspondence and executive mail.
• Develops creative ways to communicate with viewers utilizing Fan Relations' Twitter handle - ESPN Fan Central.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in Communications, Sports Publicity, Program Scheduling or general content information management
• Knowledge of and familiarity with Word Press or similar content management system, including photo editing; strong research, editing and writing skills; active involvement with social media tools.
• Advanced multimedia skills including photoshop, video production, HTML, etc.
• Strong written and verbal skills and excellent organizational skills are required.
• Must be able to grasp complex business processes and possess ability to fluidly move between them in a deadline driven environment providing detail-rich information.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with creativity, deadline oriented with customer service skills.
• Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Strong awareness of and interest in sports (schedules, formats, teams, players, etc.).
• College degree required, preference for degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, etc.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.