Social Media Branded Content Specialist
Full Time Job
Social Media Branded Content Specialist (Social Media/Marketing)
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Social Marketing Specialist who will function across ESPN CreativeWorks (ESPN's Creative Agency), ESPN Marketing, and the ESPN Social editorial team to ensure an always-on partnership focused on the development and distribution of engaging content that will thrive on ESPN-branded social media channels. The ideal candidate will have an unstoppable work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and experience creating compelling social media content. Those applying should also be prepared to attend frequent meetings in ESPN's New York City offices.
• Concept and create social-optimized extensions of ESPN brand marketing campaigns to drive engagement across ESPN social channels while ensuring partnership consistency and collaboration with ESPN CreativeWorks.
• Attend and participate in all necessary social editorial and CreativeWorks meetings, including campaign brainstorms and kick-offs with external creative partners.
• Have a deep understanding of all social platforms, including the frequent product and algorithm changes, and how both impact the ability to create and distribute marketing content.
• Maintain a critical eye over content quality and brand tone.
• Assist with the planning and posting of marketing social media extensions.
• Define KPIs to track success before and after marketing social campaigns.
• Stay up to date on the latest social media tools and trends, including an understanding of how other companies are leveraging social for brand extensions.
• Participate in the RFP process by brainstorming and providing insights for creative writers/developers.
• Educate others on social editorial best practices.
• Output subject to oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures
• Sports take place on nights, weekends and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required.
• 2 years' experience in social media, social marketing, or a closely related field
• 1 years' experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
• 1 years' experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
• Elite knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
• Sound editorial judgment, writing and editing skills
• Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Appreciation for and understanding of pop culture
• Familiarity with ESPN's content across multiple platforms
• 2 years' experience using video or photo editing software (e.g. Final Cut, After Effects, Premiere,
• Experience working with brands or agencies on social campaigns
• Commanding knowledge of social media trends
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, journalism, communications OR related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.