Senior Manager Finance
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ESPN Finance is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to support Digital Ad Sales, ESPN Films, ESPY's and X Games. Based in NYC, this position reports to the Director of Finance, Digital Revenue and Business Development and will have oversight of one or more direct reports.
• Develop all Quarterly Forecasts, Budgets, and Long Rang Plans, as well as supporting metrics and analysis for the entire Digital Ad Sales portfolio of ESPN.
• Manage month close and quarter-end reporting for all Digital Ad Sales including all variance explanations and rate/volume analyses. Coordinate with Accounting and other stakeholders for proper month end deliverables, reclasses, SAP coding and accruals.
• Leverage Business Intelligence digital universes for the benefit of forecasting, planning, month-end and corporate reporting. Improve depth of existing reporting and analysis around key metrics to provide better insight for both Finance and Sales teams (CPM, Sell-through %, capacity and impressions planning and reporting)
• Represent Finance needs with internal/external Technology partners for all BI development work. Finance business lead / project owner for all Digital reporting initiatives including report building & dashboarding.
• Lead digital reporting evolution through the increased use of social, data driven and automated channels. Work as a key strategic partner evaluating opportunities of new revenue streams marrying the impact of user experience and revenue generation.
• Management of ESPN Films, ESPY's, and X Games P&L's and the associated forecasting and reporting responsibilities of those lines of business. Partner with Programming and Content groups to evaluate new business opportunities and their financial impact.
• Weekly pacing, for all Digital national, Deportes.com, and affinity sites (SEC, FiveThirtyEight, The Undefeated, espnW, Cricinfo, X Games, ESPNFC, etc…) as well as X Games and ESPY's programming.
• Provide P&L input to other strategic properties with digital components and provide day-to-day support of the aforementioned areas for Accounting and/or other Finance groups.
• Work with senior leaders, finance management and peers on strategic and ad hoc projects as they arise.
• Oversee one or more direct reports.
• 8 years of professional work experience, preferably in a digital media sales planning, finance or other analytical role.
• Highly proficient in Excel modeling and exposure to report design, development, and testing in a Business Intelligence tool (Business Objects / Cognos / MicroStrategy). Knowledge of SAP R/3 and BW modules.
• Highly independent, strong communication skills and an initiative-driven work ethic committed to problem solving.
• Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems.
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills.
• Experience with detailed forecasting and the ability to analyze the overall financial picture.
• Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
• Experience interacting and presenting to senior-level management.
• Able to establish a voice of influence and ability to interact with all levels of individuals within an organization.
• Interest or familiarity with both sports media and digital media trends.
• Leadership of one or more direct reports.
• B.S. in Finance, Accounting or Business equivalent
• MBA preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Internet Ventures, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Internet Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.