Senior Financial Analyst
Full Time Job
An opportunity exists to join the company as a Senior Financial Analyst on its Financial Planning team. This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of the technology organization within The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI). This position will work closely with Technology leaders to plan and analyze departmental and project spend, evaluate strategic concepts, and present recommendations.
This group needs an SFA that has the ability to manage many stakeholders and build strong relationships. This person will partner with business leaders to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The SFA will be comfortable working with large amounts of data to develop and present succinct conclusions and recommendations. The ability to manage an ever changing, dynamic environment with confidence will be critical to success. In addition, a successful candidate will look for opportunities to drive efficiency in processes and be willing to challenge the status quo.
The responsibilities of this position do not include management of direct reports. The position reports to the Finance Manager – Technology Planning.
The role requires the ability to multi-task across numerous standard and ad-hoc deliverables, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Develop and maintain the budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans for DTCI Technology
• Collaborate with Technology department managers, project managers, Financial Planning, and Accounting to analyze spend, track performance, and update forecasts.
• Review and summarize budgets and spend, identifying trends, concerns, and solutions for reviews with senior leaders
• Maintain TM1 system for forecast cycles; utilize SAP in preparing financial documents
• Adhere to all tax, compliance, accounting, and enterprise policies and procedures
• Assist with the planning and review of corporate allocations
• Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models
• Work with key stakeholders and finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
• Support the preparation of Management reporting and analysis
• Support and prepare ad hoc special projects, financial analyses, and reports
• Partner with Accounting to support the monthly and quarterly close processes.
• 3 years of related work experience
• Excellent relationship building skills with a focus on the customer
• Strong problem solving and time management skills
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) and reporting applications. Expert level in Excel.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team or individually as business needs dictate.
• Results-oriented with a high standard for quality and performance; Strong work ethic
• Desire to understand the business beyond the scope of day-to-day responsibilities
• Previous work experience in corporate financial planning and analysis
• Experience working with Cognos TM1, Hyperion, or other ERP system
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Accounting
• CPA preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.