Segment Producer I
Full Time Job
The Segment Producer I (International Production) is responsible for content for ESPN International's brand partnership with Kwese (Sub Saharan Africa). They will lead show meetings as well as designing and producing specific locally relevant show segments. They are responsible for formatting the show and ensuring the news of the day is covered in an accurate and entertaining fashion. The producer works with the announcers to drive the content of the show. They need to be flexible in their thought process to not only demonstrate creativity, but they need to be able to adjust to developing news stories. The producer is the central communicator to the talent and International production team and ensures timely delivery of shows and segments
• Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative and entertaining sports news programs
• Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned sports news stories; determines the agendas and flow of assigned sports news stories
• Oversees a team of Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned sports news programs
• Adjust program content to accommodate breaking news situations; interprets breaking news and translates it into program content
• Coordinates with the on-air staff to write accurate and informative stories and content
• Operates within the context of defined sports news program concepts, objectives and outcomes
• Produces assigned sports news programs independently with regular guidance from the responsible Producer(s) Director of International Partnerships and Senior Coordinating Producer.
• Work is reviewed by the responsible Producer, Director of International Partnerships and Snr CP at regular intervals and milestones
• Participates in or develops concepts and content for assigned sports news stories to reach viewers and to increase ESPN's market penetration, ratings and viewership
• Determines the content and focus of each assigned sports news program including the stories comprising the program; identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
• Uses mastery of sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of assigned sports news programs Leads the assigned on-air staff to create and write creative and compelling content for assigned sports news program; participates in or leads the development of most or all of the creative concepts of assigned sports news programs
• A minimum of 4 years of progressively complex related studio production experience
• Has good production skills related to sporting events
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers, specifically as it relates to the African audience, overlaying US and global sports
• Has an established knowledge of sports and sports history
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Good writing and copy editing skills
• Knowledge of televisions production and video editing in digital and analog environments
• Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what ''works'' on television and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted for show production
• Specific knowledge of television production technique used in a digital control room
• Has a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and strategies
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.