Recurring-Remote Graphics Interface Coordinator
Full Time Job
The Graphics Interface Coordinator is responsible for creation and execution of the on air scoreboard graphic during games on any of the various ESPN platforms. This position provides the viewer with live game information including but not limited to, score, time, penalties, team/player stats or bios and any other pertinent game information in an accurate yet timely manner. This requires the ability to be able to react quickly to game action as well as follow along with the Production crew to help show the story lines of the game. This role is remote-based without a corporate office location. Graphics Interface Coordinators will be asked to travel based on the sport needs and locations as well as commonly work holidays and weekends.
This is a recurring position.
• The ability to assemble and network multiple computer scoring systems
• Enter scoring data quickly and accurately. This may also include showing a wide range of statistical, team or game reset information as dictated by the game action and production team.
• Work closely with Associate Producer on building interfaced graphics
• Troubleshoot system problems and provide quick diagnosis and resolution
• Connecting to the in-house scoreboard for clock data when applicable
• Send Emerging Technologies team detailed post game reports Updating Wiki site with stadium scoreboard connection and location information
• Sports knowledge, including rules of the game and historical information
• Careful attention to detail in striving for 100 percent accuracy
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to react quickly to change
• Possess a strong computer background with ability to network and trouble shoot
• The ability to expertly communicate and work within a team atmosphere.
• Self-motivated individual who strives to constantly improve processes with new or more efficient uses of technology
• Provide technical maintenance for assigned systems and system components
• Provide support for fellow on-site event operators
• Ability to troubleshoot
• Reacts well to stress and pressure in a live production environmentAbility to work weekends, nights and holidays, and travel, when required
• Has played and or coached sports in the past
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
*There is no relocation assistance for this position*
*This position will allow flexibility to work in remote U.S. / lower 48 state locations and not exclusive to Bristol, CT.*
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.