Full Time Job
The Recurring Production Assistant supporting will be responsible for creating and publishing captions and headlines for digital content (specifically YouTube).
• Create/publish captions & headlines for digital content
• Find accompanying video for ESPN.com content
• Produce and edit of videos for YouTube. This will include headline writing, tagging and managing an overall style and voice, and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
• Clip analysis for daily shows (example: The Jump, OTL, First Take, etc.)
• Create enhanced themed content as assigned (SOT full)
• Clip one-plays for Live Event Clipper (CFB & CBB)
• Accurately identify, clip and headline timely highlights in a digital broadcast facility for distribution for various digital/social media platforms
• Prepare game highlights and moments with a digital audience in mind
• Gather news, facts and video for assigned productions; research and prepare story ideas for assignments
• Screen and edit live event content for social media platforms
• Log and archive video and associated data for future useResearch, write and disseminate ideas for future content elements on ESPN platforms
• Strong overall knowledge of multiple sports.
• Must have an understanding of game rules.
• Ability to identify and cultivate compelling storylines for various platforms
• Must possess strong communication and organization skills
• Ability to react quickly and positively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environmentAbility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Awareness of social media trends and relevant platforms
• Self-starting attitude and team-oriented work ethic
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment
• Leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Knowledge of international soccer leagues a plusFluency, both verbal and written, in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
*There is no relocation assistance provided for this position*
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.