ESPNNew York, NY
Part Time Job
The Part-Time Promotions Assistant will assist the Marketing Director in the execution of Station events and promotions and will have responsibilities that include: hanging banners at station sponsored events, setting up and running basic sound system equipment, handing out prizes, tent and stage set up and break down, driving station vehicles (including cargo van with trailer) and other activities to ensure a smooth and successful event. The Part-Time Promotions Assistant will interact with listeners at sporting events, promotions, and other events while representing the station in a professional manner.
• Update department promotional calendars, spreadsheets and event paperwork per the direction of PD and Marketing Director.
• Select radio station winners from on-air, on-line, text and on-site contests/sweepstakes entries.
• Contact station prize winners and fulfill prize distribution including appropriate station releases and tax forms.
• Keep prize winner files and spreadsheet current and up-to-date on a weekly basis.
• Complete sales promotions one sheets for tracking of promotions, write creative services forms and match information on corresponding calendars.
• Scope is wide ranging and the ability to work on multiple projects is a must.
• Formal recaps following events in a timely fashion (within 48 hours).
• Complete ownership of every event/assignment, from conception to execution.
• Keep inventory on a weekly basis.
• The ideal candidate must be reliable, responsible, and trustworthy.
• Must be available in a variety of hours: work weekdays, imperative for nights/weekends and occasional early hours, and some holidays.
• Must have a good driving record.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Willingness to be a team player, the ability to be creative and extroverted.
• Emcee capabilities are a must.
• Bilingual, fluency in Spanish
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with New York AM Radio, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
New York AM Radio, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.