Project-Associate Producer, Katie Nolan
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Producer contributes to and supports the creative development, preparation, and production of Katie Nolan content, following the guidance of the Producer and Content Producers. Works toward the ''creative vision'' of assigned multimedia productions and features. Fully understands the technical process in which content is created and delivered to fans and has the ability to edit this content at a high level. Understands data metrics and how to best use that information to inform content creation and distribution across social and digital platforms. Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media. May be assigned to various original or special projects.
• Contributes to all aspects of production related to content featuring Katie Nolan, including: ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and distribution
• Uses mastery of sports knowledge, creativity and news judgment to regularly generate and pitch ideas for the rundown, concepts and content
• Understands how to maximize the latest editing and producing tools to best tell a story
• May produce high-end edit sessions for complex video elements
• Is ready and willing to take creative risks and demonstrates strong storytelling ability
• Researches sports information and utilizes information resources in support of content creation
• Locates and restores archival video for monologue elements
• Actively maximizes cross-platform potential of all content
• Work is reviewed by the responsible Producer and Content Producers at regular intervals and milestones
• At least 2 years of production experience
• Has strong broadly-based knowledge of current and historical sports
• Preferably has experience working on a show or recurring segment on a digital platform
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users
• Has and applies strong knowledge of animation elements and technological and social media advances – including animation, video editing and graphics
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Good writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of production and video editing in digital environment
• Understanding of metrics-based decision making
• Availability to work nights/weekends/holidays
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications, sports management, social media, or graphic design
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.