Production Assistant - Longhorn Network
Full Time Job
The Content Associate Program is ESPN's recruitment and development program focused on building a Production Assistant and Content Associate workforce empowered to contribute creativity, diversity and insight to our content, our culture and our business.
This position is based in Austin, TX.
• The CAP PA will rotate through a series of trainings before moving onto higher-level production assignments
• Daily responsibilities include logging, organizing element reels and X-files, editing highlights and feature segments, and researching video content for various edit sessions.
• Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia content and publish to various platforms
• Strong emphasis on producing graphics for assigned studio telecasts or remote events
• Screen videotapes and/or servers and conduct research to obtain material for the preparation of production elements
• Log and archive video and associated data for future use
• Research, write and disseminate ideas for future content elements on ESPN platforms
• Strong overall knowledge of multiple sports.
• Must have an understanding of game rules.
• Ability to identify and cultivate compelling storylines for various platforms
• Must possess strong communication and organization skills
• Ability to react quickly and positively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environmentAbility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Awareness of social media trends and relevant platforms
• Self-starting attitude and team-oriented work ethic
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment
• Leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Knowledge of international soccer leagues a plus
• Fluency, both verbal and written, in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.