Part-Time Resource Coordinator
ESPNLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Part-Time Resource Coordinator (Personnel & Facility Scheduling)
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Resource Coordinator must be proficient in communication with internal and external partners, planning and booking of feeds and facilities as well as the scheduling of personnel for all live shows and other related production assignment. In addition they will provide administrative support through reports on specific planning initiatives or other roles as deemed necessary by Operations Management.
• Interprets complex event traffic information; follow up analysis and problem solving.
• Maintains reports for the Operations group to be utilized in corporate settings for planning specific budgets and other related business.
• Generates monthly and daily assignment schedules for various Production groups based on established guidelines and programming schedule, while maintaining accuracy of daily personnel schedules to ensure all necessary show functions are covered.
• Evaluates and recommends staffing options for events and to compensate for illness, vacations or other absences.
• Monitors and implements changes issued by Programming or Production and consult with management to adjust staffing needs as necessary. Communicates staffing and Program changes to affected groups or individuals.
• Participates in special event coverage or projects as necessary.
• A minimum of 3 years of operations and/or resource planning or scheduling experience at the large market or network level.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; VTRs, server based recording/ playback devices and related software applications, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
• Basic knowledge of jobs that fall within production scheduling responsibility
• Possesses knowledge of ScheduAll and other production scheduling programs.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.