Part-Time Promotions Assistant
Part Time Job
The Promotions Assistant will assist the Marketing Director in the execution of Station events and promotions and will have responsibilities that include: hanging banners at station sponsored events, setting up and running basic sound system equipment, handing out prizes, tent and stage set up and break down, driving station vehicles (including Cargo Van with Trailer) and other activities to ensure a smooth and successful event. The Part-Time Promotions Assistant will interact with listeners at sporting events, promotions, and other events while representing the station in a professional manner.
• Assist in daily promotions department tasks
• Assist with promotional calendar updates
• Set-up display units at special events
• Track and facilitate prize fulfillment for on-air, text and on-site station contests/sweepstakes
• Plays minimal role in strategic planning, but a major role in short term event execution.
• Scope is wide ranging and the ability to work on multiple projects is a must.
• Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Valid Driver's License (Comfortable with driving large station vehicles)
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• General sports knowledge
• Good communication skills – verbal and written, out-going personality
• Photoshop or Adobe Illustrated
• Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (ie. Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Publisher)
• High school Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree
*There is no relocation assistance for this position*
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Sports Radio Chicago, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Sports Radio Chicago, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.