Full Time Job
The Remote Operations Manager (Sport) oversees the day-to-day coordination of all technical, operational, and budgetary requirements pertaining to assigned sport categories. Facilitate the coordination across various operational and personnel resources across Remote Events.
• Oversees all operational and technical aspects of assigned sports.
• Provides guidance and training to Remote Operations staff including Operations Managers, Operations Producers, and Operations Coordinators. These processes are carried out by both in-house and freelance personnel.
• Ensures that appropriate timelines are met for technical and financial planning.
• Assumes control of all communications for specific sport assignments as it relates to all vendors, league, and governing bodies.
• Works very closely with ESPN staff on maintaining proper education for everyone working on the remote production team.
• Communicates daily with Remote Production leadership on all aspects of the sport category.
• Reviews and communicates transmission, phone and interview needs with Remote Traffic department; liaises and interacts directly with the Remote Crewing department to ascertain technical personnel needs.
• Acts as on-site Technical and/or Operations Manager when necessary.
• Attends industry events as it relates to the sport category.
• Works with Sr. Financial Directors on creation and maintenance of budgets.
• Assists in development and implementation of new technologies for sport category.
• Reviews and approves the hire/fire/promotions decisions as it relates to both in-house and freelance staff.
• Recommends to the Coordinating Director(s) and Vice President of Remote Operations new policies and procedures as they relate to each sport category, or to the department.
• Has in depth awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
• Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial and logistical skills relating to show creation.
• Higher working knowledge of High Definition between remote operations and studio operations.
• Broad, overarching focus of function and staff
• Typically, incumbent has 7 years of related technical and/or operational planning and procurement experience.
• Administers guidelines for procured contracts for all vendors.
• Work is reviewed from a long term and short-term perspective against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
• Oversees the operational and technical aspects of assigned sport categories.
• Manages the interpretation and application of technical, operational and cost standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of the series.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department
• Supervises all aspects of the needs for success of the sport category.
• Maintains a communication flow with the other sport category managers on new developments of technologies or circumstances that may affect other shows.
• Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Has an in-depth understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
• Possesses previous management experience, either by way of assumed title or previous leadership assignments.
• High School Diploma
• College degree in communications or related field
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.