Full Time Job
Maintains, records, and supplies the flow of music from the in–house music archive to the producers for on-air usage, is involved in the input of music cue reporting and coordination of cue sheet tracking, and helps coordinate music shipments in and out of the Bristol Campus.
• Works with others in the Music staff on the implementation of the company's music procedures and policies as it pertains to ESPN Content.
• Input, organize audio assets and update music cue metadata into music management systems for all ESPN networks.
• Edits music cuts for thematic, commercial and library music packages, as needed.
• Work with Music Coordinators to organize, compile and deliver series/seasonal music packages for assigned Productions.
• Handle the update of music metadata to the cue sheet management system, as well as the distribution and handling of cue sheets to licensors.
• Assists in the preparation, filing, trafficking and organization of music licenses and related music documentation.
• Supports the approval of music cue sheets submitted to the database, handling of cue sheets to licensors and assist in cue sheet reporting to track compliance for all ESPN networks.
• Coordinates updates from production music libraries, tracks usage and liaises with production contacts at the libraries.
• Assists in the procurement and monitors the circulation of physical audio media.
• Maintain the departments Music Resource website.
• Responsible for the organization, up keep and maintenance of the Music Department's audio equipment.
• Manages the conversion of music from physical CD's to audio files for storage in digital archives.
• Exhibit the ability to train incoming employees on the department's basic functions, cue sheet management system and administrative systems currently in use.
• Assists others on the music team with other music-related projects and tasks, as needed.
• Must be willing to work 2nd shift and Weekends.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prioritize projects based on time & resources available.
• Demonstrated organizational and communication skills and abilities required.
• Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems require, including proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
• Ability to operate audio/video equipment and recording equipment, including Cart, DVC Pro, ENCO and CD duplication and various digital media software.
• Experience using Adobe Audition audio editing software or similar DAW.
• Experience using WordPress or similar Content Management System.
• Minimum of 2 years of college with some professional experience or understanding related to broadcast, technical operations, library science, or music backgrounds preferred.
• Spanish proficiency.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent?
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.