Manager Of Sales Operations
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ESPN is looking for a Manager of Sales Operations to lead business performance analyses that monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and systems within Global Ad Sales & Marketing. The Manager of Sales Operations will be essential to enabling proper performance measurement of the business and operations across the sales life cycle. This Manager will drive the creation and evolution of reports, dashboards and presentations that illuminate actionable insights and enable sales and support teams to make smarter and faster decisions, especially around optimizing resources, streamlining processes, defining strategies and prioritizing time with clients. This Manager will be critical to enabling sales teams and individuals to easily monitor and understand pacing against defined individual and team goals. The Manager will be expected to leverage quantitative insights from BI tools, qualitative insights from Sales & Marketing Leadership and knowledge of industry best practices to recommend improved alignment of sales motions to coverage models, goals, incentives, training's and processes. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help implement efficiencies and monitor resulting changes.
• Manage Analyst responsible for a variety of reporting and analytics that support the Ad Sales team, especially around sales person and team pacing and performance
• Manage optimization of Ad Sales Compensation Plans, leading workstream and analysis to re-design plans, as necessary, to align behaviors to company priorities and financial goals
• Manage modeling for various attainment and plan designs to ensure all alternatives remain within budget
• Analyze territories and goals to enable necessary resizing and realignment
• Analyze account mappings to ensure fairness across the sales teams
• Coordinate with various project teams & Callidus to educate them about development/data/reporting that the Sales Enablement team needs to ensure seamless execution and monitoring of the comp plan
• Define core operational KPIs that that are needed to monitor the health of the business
• Track and analyze Sales metrics, like conversion rates, sales stage cycle, touch to close, etc. to identify trends and recommend best practices
• Investigate dashboards and reports to highlight actionable performance insights/trends that enable sales and operational leadership to make smarter and faster decisions
• Drive the creation of dashboards that help sales people effectively monitor their list of accounts and increase their efficiency with leads, transactions and time management
• Analyze customer data & influence product improvements that will allow the Enablement Team to segment and track marketing/engagement/revenue with new and existing customers
• Support departments working with sales such as IT, Finance and HR, legal to provide them with valuable quantitative and qualitative insights that enable them to be successful in their efforts to support Sales
• Assist in governing sales data and processes to ensure data within various sources, particularly Salesforce and Callidus, are up to date and accurateDrive development and preparation of presentations for Sales Management summarizing submitted plans, actual performance, important trends, proposed changes and/or any other topics of importance.
• Minimum of 6 experience in Sales Operations
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Sales Compensation Plans
• Experience defining Business Performance Measurement and defining KPI's
• Experience with Financial and Data Modeling
• Experience in delivering Strategic recommendations to business leaders and executives
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to work and solve problems independently
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and in delivering presentations with senior management
• Ability to dealing and managing confidential information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• SAP, Callidus & Salesforce experience
• Certified Sales Compensation Professional
• Tableau, Microstrategy, Sales Hub or other BI tool expertise
• Management Consulting Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.