Lead Designer Motion Graphics
Full Time Job
The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at a high proficiency level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects, and frequently works independently on assignments. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product. The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is a high level creative who is expected to set the bar on quality and creativity.
• Utilizes Adobe, Cinema4D, Maya, and VIZ-RT to create advanced designs and animations for network productions and long-range assignments.
• Translates project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Creates graphics and animations for touchscreens, print and set designs, studio/remote applications, and ''proof of concept'' projects.
• Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
• Displays strong understanding and regular use of effective type layout.
• Actively involved with the conceptual development of design initiatives within the ESPN Creative Services Department.
• Expected to consistently strive to stretch the boundaries of ESPN design.
• Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
• Actively participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers and vendors.
• Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
• Utilizes new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including advanced Viz Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
• Observes graphic format deviations and enforces ESPN graphic look.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
• Must expect to travel, work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience with Adobe, Cinema4D, Maya, VIZ-RT, or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
• Aptitude in virtual software packages (Vizrt, Brainstorm or other comparable Real Time 3D Graphics Engine).
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.