Full Time Job
The ESPN International Finance Department is looking for a candidate who is eager to learn and contribute to the overall organization by providing financial analysis and decision support services. This role provides the opportunity to learn about various business units within the International organization of ESPN, as well as the overall financial reporting structure and process of the Walt Disney Company. This position reports to a Manager of Finance and will provide exposure to the Senior Leaders of the business unit operations through the primary responsibilities listed below. This position is located in Bristol, CT.
• Maintains the financial modeling and reporting for the International division. Deliverables predominately include Budget, Quarterly Forecasts, Long Range Plan, Mini forecasts, Monthly/Quarterly Closes along with Ad hoc reporting.
• Prepare and analyze variances for monthly closes and forecasts as well as communicate all variance deadlines to the International department. Present variances to management.
• Maintains currency model including the consolidation and re-statement of exposure to produce constant rate analysis.
• Recommends changes to ensure efficient and accurate consolidation processes and systems.
• Oversees U.S. based departmental expenses across all functional areas of the division.
• Oversees and maintains the programming schedule and associated rights and production costs for International networks
• Maintains relationships with key International contacts including Accounting, Finance, Programming, Production and departmental areas.
• 2 years of industry experience
• Requires computer literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience in SAP or similar financial reporting tool a plus
• Collaborative team player
• Must demonstrate ability to communicate well with peers and senior management
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects often occurring simultaneously
• B.S. in Finance, Accounting, or Business equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.