Executive Producer ESPN Original Content
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This Executive Producer, ESPN Original Content will oversee all ESPN Original Content initiatives from inception to premiere, with the general goal of centralizing the ESPN creative processes. Responsibilities include oversight of the strategy, development, and budgets for original films and series, studio programming, and archival content on the platform. This person will work closely with the EVP of Content, EVP of Programming, along with the ESPN content leaders, to ensure collaboration and clear communication of ESPN original content process and strategy across the organization.
This person will be charged with determining and implementing the original content greenlighting process and will work closely with the VP of Content Business Operations and Strategy to execute content acquisition, deal-negotiation and project resourcing for all ESPN original content. The position will have one direct report, who will oversee the organic integration of ESPN content across ESPN platforms, with additional reports to likely be added. It is crucial that this person be able to work collaboratively across the organization to manage, resource, and streamline ESPN original content efforts.
ESPN Original Content Strategy:
• Determine ESPN Original Content strategy, ensuring alignment with EVP of Content's vision for the platform and the ESPN acquisition and retention strategy -- as determined by ESPN Digital
• Work closely with VP of Content Business Operations and Strategy along with the VP, ESPN Films and Features, and other key leaders in production to determine and implement a strategy around the ESPN library of archives on ESPN
• Work closely with ESPN programming to determine strategic timing of originals based off of the linear and ESPN events schedules
ESPN Original Content Development:
• Determine and implement the process for greenlighting ESPN original content
• Proactively seek out strategic and compelling content opportunities for the platform
• Work across ESPN to ensure that all relevant incoming pitches are streamlined through this person and properly vetted for ESPN
• After properly evaluating pitches and sourcing compelling projects, work closely with Content Business Ops and Strategy team, who lead the negotiation and execution of content deals
• Manage efforts around organic integration of ESPN content across all ESPN linear and digital platforms for the purpose of driving promotional exposure back to ESPN . The initiative will be led by this person's direct report, Manager, ESPN Content Integration
• Work closely with ESPN production teams and VP of Content Business Operations and Strategy to determine prioritization and resourcing needs for ESPN projects
• Act as Executive Producer on all ESPN original content, overseeing project deadlines and budgets, ensuring objectives and deliverables are met, and managing third party relationships
• Has typically 15 years of progressively complex related studio or related journalistic experience
• Has the highest level expertise to create and produce compelling sports news programs and programming; able to generate and execute at the highest level program and programming concepts, from inception to execution in the emerging Digital and Mobile content spaces
• Has expert currency regarding technological advances relative to sports news programming; especially with regard to the growing audience in social and digital platforms
• Has expert mastery of the sports production processes and the ability to produce at the highest level of sports news programs and programming
• Has expert mastery of real-time sports production processes with a focus on Digital and Mobile Production
• Has expert knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for sports news programs and programming
• Has the highest level of production skills related to sports news
• Has an in-depth understanding of ESPN's market positioning and strategies
• Has expert level knowledge of sports and sports history
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Master's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Master's Degree in Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.