Director, Studio Development
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, ESPN Studio Development, is charged with developing, executing, and overseeing content for series originating from studio environments and content driven by ESPN talent from remote locations. From inception, the Director Studio Development will conceptualize content ranging from social media to off-channel partnerships in order to expand the ESPN audience and of the brand.
This role requires 10 years of extensive experience creating studio content. In addition to focusing on development and production, the Director will build internal systems around ideas, pitching, cross-org communication, collaboration and cross-platform promotion.
• Manage and oversee all ESPN studio shows and talent-driven content
• Evaluating, structuring, implementing and providing feedback on a wide variety of studio and talent-driven content
• Collaborate and create workflow efficiencies with existing studio production teams
• Development of creative concepts that align with ESPN content and business strategies
• Help establish a holistic, approach to ESPN studio programming across all ESPN Platforms, including ESPN that considers multi-channel creative approach and execution.
• Nurture talent relationship in service of developing innovative content opportunities
• Suggest studio show launches and distribution cadence based on content calendar, anniversaries and cultural moments,
• 10 years studio content creation experience
• Proven understanding of existing production tools, tactics and products that can drive innovation
• Strong relationships with existing ESPN talent
• Ability to conceive and develop new shows specific to the strengths of the talent and the needs of the business
• Strong knowledge in best practices for content creation, cross-promotion and distribution both on and off channel
• Ability to provide detailed notes on show executions that improve the product
• Ability to facilitate large group sessions with executives
• Lead project management efforts for studio content
• Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
• Strong ability to comprehend, structure, culture and navigate existing norms and best practices.
• Strong and effective content development skills and experience, including: deep understanding of the traditional media business, internet, new media and interactive platforms and the associated creative opportunities
• Experience in both production and development roles
• Experience launching new shows and/or re-imagining existing series.
• Dynamic cross-org people management and collaboration skills
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Masters preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.