Director, Product Marketing, Data Platform Product
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ESPN is seeking a dynamic professional to help define and bring to market our data and ad product vision. You will be part of the Global Data team, reporting to the Senior Director, leading up product marketing across our Audience Data Products. As Director, Product Marketing for Audience Data Products, you are the link between product and the ad strategy and sales enablement functions within ESPN. Through creativity, innovation and strong communication, you are expected to drive our groups to build world-class products, and ''train the trainer'' on how to communicate it back in to the market. This role has exceptional breadth across all Data Platform Products and is expected to work closely with Product, Sales Strategy & Operations – including Yield Management, and Sales Enablement to ensure our products are Go To Market ready – meaning they are clearly articulated and will delight our clients.
• Lead Product Marketing across Data Platform Products, including quarterbacking our roadmap.
• Manage the Product Marketing intake process, soliciting and synergizing inputs from Sales Strategy on core product direction and client input – turning these insights & requests into rationale for product priority.
• Lead the business rationale process for supporting product prioritization with data & revenue justification – working with analysts to determine the most important product priorities and making data driven decisions on features & market messaging.
• Create our team-wide Product Roadmap; use it to educate internal sales enablement and strategy stakeholders on what's coming and facilitate GTM collaboration.
• Influence a variety of stakeholders across teams, including senior management, to provide and receive product input. Work with ESPN & Disney core product release groups to enable the product to market. Includes yield/forecasting, trafficking, reporting. Ensure the product is ready.
• Lead Alpha and Beta Audience Data Product trials – collaborating with sales facing teams to ensure client deliverables are met and measureable.
• Minimum 10 years of previous experience in product management, product marketing, ad technology, digital marketing and/or consulting in a related field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with data products such as Data Management Platforms or Data Matching Partners. (e.g.: Datalogix, LiveRamp, BlueKai, Adobe, Experian, Facebook, etc.) and ad tech systems
• Demonstrated experience with running complex projects across a matrixed organization
• Excellent problem-solving, confidence in explaining complex problems & solutions in a distilled way, and the ability to work with a large degree of independence
• Clear, concise communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree?
• Bachelor's Degree with focus in communication, advertising, business, computer science and/or engineering.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.