Director, Marketing Operations
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ESPN's Marketing Operations Director will be a thought leader focused in keeping the entire department on budget, on time on developing actionable internal communication marketing strategies by leading all marketing communication efforts across our division. This role will also be responsible for the Marketing budgets, working closely with finance, timing/deadlines. Work across the main functions/divisions within Brand, Sports, Emerging Business, Affiliate Sales and Marketing team and collaborate with many different departments across the company
• Responsible for everything for Marketing operations – budgets, working closely with finance, timing/deadlines
• Ensure engagement across departments in all departmental meetings and brainstorm – new initiatives (included not limited to point of contact within the Affiliate Sales and Marketing team.
• Interaction with Content, Strategy, Production – consumer products exploration
• Drive consistent and strong communication across ESPN and TWDC to ensure our marketing strategy and knowledge about products, fan strategies and goals are shared and discussed
• Collaborate with many of the functional areas across the company in order to drive the overall marketing strategic objectives
• Determine our communication position, ensure that the Marketing team has a voice across all segments within the company
• A dedicated lead for Affiliate Sales and Marketing ensuring alignment within the Affiliate Marketing team
• Ensures consistent, thorough and timely communication to peers, managers and internal clients – Attending town halls & scheduling Marketing quarterly meetings and town halls for the department
• Leads the communication to external business units
• Leads and facilitates the exchange the pieces of monthly, quarterly (showcase your work)
• Leads the collection of financial ad hoc requests across the various business units, as requested by senior management
• Ability to drive Marketing efforts for key new initiatives
• 10 years' experience of operations management
• A Leader and strong communicator
• Bachelor's Degree in Business (Marketing or related field). Master's degree preferred
• Proven, strong performance management experience, in operations – including: service levels/call/quality/customer satisfaction
• Strong proficiency with operations metrics
• Proven ability to manage projects to client expectations and satisfaction
• Demonstrated strong track record in driving continuous improvement in customer satisfaction
• Strong presentation and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to function in fast-paced, high technology environment
• Created learning plans to drive awareness and skills across the team
• Strong written and verbal skills to drive effective communication
• Experience in partnering with media entities to maximize ad sales revenue
• Strong collaboration and influencer skills
• Four-year college degree preferred.
• Marketing background
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.