Director, Human Resources
Full Time Job
In this role, the Director, Human Resources Business Partner will contribute to and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the executive leaders of their assigned client group. The Director will lead and facilitate all HR programs and strategies in support of the client group through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, change management, organizational design and learning opportunities.
• Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate Human Resource / Diversity & Inclusion solutions.
• Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative ''influence without authority'' approach.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and employee effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability.
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
• Execute the Talent Management process to identify current and forecasted talent needs, develop action plans to mitigate associated risk and improve confidence in future successor readiness to enable business objectives.
• Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill set needs.
• Partners with Compensation team to manage pay for performance program including annual merit increase, bonus, promotions and out of cycle requests.
• Analyzes trends and metrics, collaborates with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations and develop programs.
• Deliver HR services and drives HR companywide initiatives to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise.
• Maintain an effective level of business literacy to provide a consultative approach to deliver HR services. Leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
• Manages, mentors and coaches team of HR professionals.
• 7 years of experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
• Must be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to push boundaries
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
• Proven consulting and/or change management experience
• Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
• Strong working knowledge of employment laws
• Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
• Relevant industry experience or knowledge (preferably within a cutting edge, highly innovative environment)
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related field
• Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.