Director, Content Business & Strategy
Full Time Job
The Director, Business Operations and Content Strategy will have at least 10 years of extensive experience negotiating and executing content deals. This role is charged with evaluating, executing and managing high value content and talent based shows that help generate significant value to ESPN.
• Evaluating, structuring, negotiating and implementing a wide variety of content deals for ESPN, such as 30 for 30, original series, original content deals with league partners, outside production companies, social networks and content providers.
• Help to establish a holistic, forward looking content strategy across ESPN Platforms, including for ESPN .
• Take pitches for original content, including for ESPN . Gather internal feedback and communicate thoughts to outside partners in a timely manner. Make sure content acquisitions align with content strategy.
• Recommend best content distribution and business growth strategies. Create content packages working with affiliate, ad sales and programming.
• Work with the team to negotiate and set parameters for talent based show deals
• Suggest how and when to launch shows around other content initiatives, work with press on a content pitching strategy to media and help producers coordinate their statements in line with goals of the project.
• Act as a project business manager, taking the lead on implementing original series projects throughout the company once the deal is executed, work with producers, ad sales, programming, finance and others as needed to get each project up and running, continue to be the day to day point person and lead for any questions. Assist in managing third party relationships externally.
• Draft and distribute top line deal summaries and roll out terms to all parties working on a project.
• 10 years of extensive experience negotiating and executing deals in business, content, and/or entertainment.
• Ability to facilitate large group sessions with executives
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
• Strong ability to comprehend, structure and negotiate complex business agreements,
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Strong relationships in the entertainment industry
• Strong and effective negotiating skills and experience, including: deep understanding of the traditional media business, internet, new media and interactive platforms and the associated business models
• Proven understanding of external partner platforms and products.
• Business strategy, business development and/or business affairs experience.
• Four-year college degree required.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.