Acc Network - Designer II
Full Time Job
The ACC Network is a new multi-media platform collaboration between ESPN and the Atlantic Coast Conference launching August 2019. Showcasing 27 varsity sports, ACCN will super-serve ACC fans like never before. In addition to football and basketball, ACCN will feature live games and extensive regular season and tournament coverage of lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, softball, baseball and more. Original content and studio shows will provide fans inside access, analysis and storytelling all year long. The Atlantic Coast Conference was established in 1953 and consists of 15 member institutions: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame (excluding football), Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest.
The Designer II, Creative Works is responsible for the creation, development and delivery of designs, animations, and real-time graphics at an advanced level. This position provides creative support for daily Creative Works production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects, and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN on-air product. The Designer II, Creative Works requires strong conceptualization skills and the ability to offer unique solutions while actively pushing their creativity and skills to higher levels.
• Utilize Adobe apps, Cinema4D, VizRT, Ross XPression to create advanced designs, animations and real-time graphics.
• Translate project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Possess strong individual/team communication skills; switch easily between independent/group assignments.
• Provide technical support for delivered elements and help troubleshoot software issues.
• Continually enhance personal skills to increase versatility on assignments.
• Actively involved with the conceptual development of marketing design initiatives
• Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
• Maintain high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Adhere to file management, administrative responsibilities, time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Travel when needed/reliably accommodate a work schedule that may include nights/weekends/holidays.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your abilities.
• Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with Adobe design software Cinema 4D at network level or major TV market.
• Experience with Viz Artist/Trio, scripting and VizRT transition logic.
• Experience with Ross XPression
• Experience with Cinema 4D, Maya or related equivalent is a plus
• Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming and content delivery platforms (TV, ESPN.com, ESPN App).
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.