Content Producer, Digital Video
Full Time Job
ESPN's Digital Show Creation unit – the team behind SportsCenter on Snapchat, Always Late with Katie Nolan and more – is looking to hire a content producer responsible for helping develop new digital shows at ESPN.
The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, and proficient in the Adobe edit suite with an eye for creative social design. In addition, they'll have a deep understanding of what successful content looks like in social media and ideas about how to apply that to ESPN platforms.
• Work with Digital Media Producers to create, develop, and produce video elements and special projects using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut and After Effects software.
• Work within a control room environment to help live produce shows.
• Create daily and weekly rundowns.
• Lead a show unit to ensure quality and accuracy on a daily basis.
• Align with leaders across ESPN's Social and Digital Video team to collaborate and find opportunities to work cross-platform.
• Participate in strategy meetings to generate ideas and contribute creative concepts to achieve short and long term department and company goals.
• Has a minimum of 4-5 years of practical multimedia Production or related experience.
• Has experience working on a show or recurring segment on a digital platform
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users.
• An understanding and of how sports fans are consuming content on mobile devices.
• Has extensive sports knowledge – both current and historical.
• Familiarity working with a production control room and knowledge of what's needed to make a clean and accurate show.
• Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications, sports management, social media, or graphic design
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.