Content Associate, Digital Video
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Project Content Associate is responsible for providing timely and accurate video content for ESPN's Digital Platforms. Under the close supervision of Digital Video Producers, Production Assistants edit and publish game highlights, content from the various ESPN studio shows, newsmaker interviews, and digital-friendly features for ESPN and Social platforms. Candidates should have strong sports knowledge, excellent communications skills, be proficient with non-linear editing software, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced Newsroom environment.
• Work under the close supervision of Digital Media Newsroom Producers
• Capture and assemble clips using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut and After Effects software
• Edit content in a digital environment or digital broadcast facility for distribution for various digital media platforms
• Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of digital content for publication to various platforms
• Prepare game highlights and moments with a digital audience in mind
• Ideate, research and edit video for digital segments
• Minimum 1.5 years related production experience, including experience with sports news
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required
• Proficient with non-linear editing software (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Adobe Premiere and After Effects)
• Must possess skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change
• A strong knowledge of major and minor sports is essential
• Candidate is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Two years working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and publishing to live streams
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related major with an emphasis on Digital Media production is preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.