Content Associate - Digital Video
Full Time Job
The Project Content Associate is responsible for providing timely and accurate video content for ESPN's Digital Platforms. Under the close supervision of Digital Video Producers, Production Assistants edit and publish game highlights, content from the various ESPN studio shows, newsmaker interviews, and digital-friendly features for ESPN and Social platforms. Candidates should have strong sports knowledge, excellent communications skills, be proficient with non-linear editing software, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced Newsroom environment.
This is Project Role with an estimated job duration of 8 months.
• Work under the close supervision of Digital Media Newsroom Producers
• Capture and assemble clips using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut and After Effects software
• Edit content in a digital environment or digital broadcast facility for distribution for various digital media platforms
• Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of digital content for publication to various platforms
• Prepare game highlights and moments with a digital audience in mind
• Ideate, research and edit video for digital segments
• Minimum 1.5 years related production experience, including experience with sports news
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required
• Proficient with non-linear editing software (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Adobe Premiere and After Effects)
• Must possess skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change
• A strong knowledge of major and minor sports is essential
• Candidate is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Two years working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and publishing to live streams
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related major with an emphasis on Digital Media production is preferred
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.