Full Time Job
The Compensation department leads the development, design and implementation for total compensation and rewards programs that attract, retain and motivate employees at ESPN. This includes designing base salary and incentive plans and alternative rewards programs that are consistent with market trends, internal equity, a ''pay for performance'' philosophy and the company's business and HR priorities and strategies.
The Compensation Manager will report to the Senior Director, Compensation and provide consultative services to the business. This includes counseling and educating business leaders and employees on the Company's compensation philosophy, salary grade structure and administering compensation programs. The Manager will supervise and direct the work of a compensation analyst.
• Administers the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program and communication for assigned clients
• Directs others in the analysis of data for business needs. Trains analysts as appropriate in core analytics and other key reward areas
• Delivers reward philosophy, strategy and program changes to HR business partners, finance partners, executive teams and managers and emphasizes alignment to business/reward strategy and resolution of related issues
• Reviews and analyzes market compensation survey data and internal data to ensure compensation decisions are supported by data
• Analyzes requests for salary and job classification changes for management positions and makes recommendations for approvals within guidelines
• Demonstrates deep business knowledge, participates in discussions with executives and understands fundamental business drivers needed for success
• Keeps abreast of current events with the organization and industry that include org strategy and/or performance
• May lead and/or participate in enterprise-wide compensation projects that involve development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs
• 6 years as compensation professional
• At least 2 years of people management skills
• Solid understanding of compensation practices and trends
• Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local regulations
• Candidates must have advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc...)
• Strong analytical, project management and presentation skills
• Displays excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Possesses strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Proven ability to interact with senior-level executives and resolve questions and issues
• Previous experience working with SAP
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
• MBA or Master's Degree in related field and/or CCP Certification
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.