Associate Television Account Manager
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
**This is a one year project position.**
The Associate Television Account Manager position will be responsible to lead and manage television Ad Sales accounts from booking to trafficking. This position takes a leadership position within the sales team to provide insight on advertiser behavior from both the buying and trafficking side of the agency.
• Leads the post sales process and deal maintenance for all the assigned advertisers. This includes booking inventory, communicating with agencies, implementing agency requests/changes for their advertising schedules and implementing traffic instructions for each account.
• Assigned to list of specific accounts/Account Executives and will be the point person stewarding deals post sale which includes ensuring orders are coordinated and managed for on-air execution according to deadlines, deal points and traffic instructions.
• Point of contact for troubleshooting on all day to day issues related to assigned account list. Responsibilities will include and not limited to: oversight of all booking, & trafficking for assigned account list; leading relationships with Account Executive; driving process efficiencies to ensure top customer service.
• Acts as first level of Ad Sales Support for ASRs and Copy Coordinators working on the same advertiser team. Troubleshoot all questions with various tasks and answer ''how-to'' questions pertaining to system and deals being managed. Support new ASRS & Copy Coordinators following initial training by Sales Ops Analyst.
• May require the individual to provide some additional training to others on the team specific to the Sales team and Agency list being supported.
• Manually execute all commercial unit changes and accommodate traffic revisions including, but not limited to: adding, deleting, moving and allocating units to specific brands, splitting and combining units, flight date changes, and executing any day-of-air changes.
• Prioritize, fulfill, or delegate as applicable all agency, or internal, requests to ensure scheduled commercial spots air correctly while maintaining contracted scheduled dollars.
• Maintain and develop strong working relationships with buying agencies, creative agencies, traffic agencies and internal departments supporting Customer Marketing and Sales.
• Maintain the quarterly variance report to ensure all money is booked and reported dollars are correct and accurate.
• Acquires, inputs and verifies advertising materials from agencies and clients into NCS.
• Confirms ISCI codes by completing daily summary reviews for quality control and works to clear any traffic discrepancies and execute all assigned commercial inventory prior to the daily print deadline.
• Participate in clearing invoice discrepancies, assist with troubleshooting issues/problems with the goal to achieve a 60 day DSO for all advertisers.
• Work with Accounting to execute pricing adjustments for units post-air or have already been invoiced. Send post summaries and details to clients after each quarter is complete which displays the delivery of deal by advertiser (MSAs)
• Related ad sales support or commercial operations/trafficking experience
• 1-3 years of experience in advertising/media industry, corporate finance or business consulting.
• May have experience in advertising/media industry, corporate finance or business consulting.
• Has intermediate knowledge of ESPN's sales and selling processes.
• Has solid sales administration subject matter expertise and basic competence in sales program administration and implementation
• Has a very good understanding of the sales positioning and tactics for assigned clients
• Can operate within the context of highly defined, routine processes and procedures adhering to organizational deadlines.
• Proven leadership & problem solving skills
• Has knowledge of ESPN's multimedia properties.
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Proven leadership & problem solving skills
• Has experience and enjoys both working independently and collaboratively with a team.
• Interested in working in a fast paced, team environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.