Associate Producer - Studio
Full Time Job
Associate Producer I - Studio
This posting is for an opportunity within our Studio group. We are looking for candidates who are agile, creative and interested in production opportunities.
• Contributes to the creative development for all production content extensions on all platforms.
• Oversees the production of assigned video elements.
• Helps develop and integrate the use of interactive social media to drive show content.
• Integrates the use of visual elements into assignments to drive show content.
• Gathers news, facts and video for assigned productions; researches and prepares story ideas for future productions.
• Conducts research in the video archives to obtain material for all assigned production elements.
• Participates in idea generation during show meetings for assigned projects and specialty elements.
• Contributes creative concepts for studio show elements, as well as concepts for non-linear TV platforms.
• Contributes ideas to generate content and manages project from conceptions to execution.
• Collaborates with editors in the production of high-end video elements in AVID and QEP edit facilities.
• May produce ENG field shoots including, but not limited to, interviews, basic art direction, and specialty shoots.
• May produce assigned segments with guests or analysts in studio shows.
• Provides direction and feedback to Production Assistant and Content Associates on assigned shows.
• Operates under close and frequent supervision, within the context of highly defined production processes.
• Work is subject to close and regular scrutiny by Producers and Coordinating Producers at regular intervals and milestones.
• Demonstrates and applies strong knowledge of most operating processes of production of studio shows and live events.
• Has and applies considerable experience in the conduct of several complex processes and procedures carried out in studio show production.
• Has and applies considerable knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for teases, original features, analysis clips, specialty elements, and features fed in from reporters and producers in the field.
• Has and applies considerable knowledge of what special animation elements to use for assigned productions.
• Has and applies knowledge regarding technological and social media advances relative to studio shows.
• Has strong mastery of sports and sports history.
• Strong writing skills.
• Minimum of 3 years' television production experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
This position will work nights/weekends/holidays.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.